|This book provides for the reader:
- An excellent perspective on the early historical origins and political development of Nigeria.
- Solutions to the leadership question Nigeria has been struggling with since independence.
- It destroys the myth that leadership is Nigeria''s only problem.
- It points out the role of responsible followership in building a great nation.
- It shows why democracy has not worked in Africa and what needs to be done for it to work.
- It points out reasons why strong men (messiahs) cannot solve the problem of Nigeria and African nations.
- It makes a case for building strong institutions and systems as the key to eradicating corruption and leadership failure.
- It posits that wrong values are at the root of our national problems and challenges both for leaders and followers to imbibe good values.
- It enjoins citizens not to abdicate the responsibility of their country to the leaders alone, but must themselves accept the responsibility for their nation.
- It also shows examples of proactive Nigerians that are taking responsibility to build a better Nigeria.